Let's talk wedding ceremonies
Occasions such as weddings are key milestones in our lives and, for me, life is too short to pass up on marking these in a way that is meaningful, personal and fun! Too often a wedding ceremony is rushed through to get to the party, but what if the ceremony WAS the party (or at least the start of it!)?
So why choose a Humanist Wedding?
- Total inclusivity. Everyone is welcome at a Humanist wedding. Inclusion and equality are core Humanist values and Humanists have been at the forefront of campaigning for marriage equality here in the U.K., as well as equal and human rights across the globe. Find out more here
- Humanist weddings are non-religious (though not anti-religious by any means) and offer an alternative to those who do not want to opt for a religious ceremony but are still looking for a meaningful celebration for their marriage. Humanist wedding ceremonies can happen wherever and whenever you like; outdoors or indoors from beaches to hillsides, from stately homes to your Nan’s back garden. They can also happen at any time of day so you can tweet with the birds or hoot with the owls as you wish!
- Humanist Celebrants in the U.K. are part of a network so, if the unexpected happens to me, I can call on one of my amazing colleagues, you will never be left in the lurch!
- You are guarenteed top quality with a Humanist Wedding Celebrant. We are trained to highest standards by highly experienced fellow Celebrants. We also undergo regular peer reviews and a thorough programme of continuous professional development to ensure we are always at the forefront of our profession.
Why choose me as your Celebrant?
- You will get a wedding ceremony that is innovative, fun and filled with good vibes in keeping with whatever tone, theme and style you want.
- You will get a complete script including stage directions, music cues and copies of readings for your participants. You can make as many tweaks as you wish along the way, you will have full editorial control.
- Your wedding will be the only one I take that day, allowing you to relax as I can be flexible around timings should the British weather not play ball or something unexpected occurs.
- You can ask me anything! If you want to get your pets or your kids involved or incorporate your hobby or passion that is important, I will find a way to include all your wishes.
- You will receive a wealth of inspiration in terms of reading, symbolic acts, music etc. or you can choose independently and I will weave these seamlessly into the ceremony.
- We will get to know each other in the run up to the wedding so you will be totally at ease on the day with someone you know well.
- The end result is that you get something unique and memorable that will wow your guests and set apart your ceremony (and the photos!) from any other wedding!
For lots more info about Humanist Weddings and Humanist Wedding Celebrants, check out the below video which my colleagues and I made at the beautiful Hazelwood Castle here in Yorkshire: